Remember the days when air conditioning wasn’t a standard feature in vehicles as they came off the line? We had to rely on whatever pitiful breeze summer had to offer in order to cool off during our sticky commute to work on a daily basis. For the business woman, this was a hazardous proposition as the wind from the downed windows usually wreaked havoc on whatever professional hairstyle we tried to achieve, while the humidity made everything puffier, thus negating any effort made at stylishness. The stifling heat made the idea of driving to work unbearable.
Things have come a long way since then, and air conditioning controls have been perfected in nearly every car, but there are some that excel in the art of the perfect climate. We’ve all been in the cars that can’t seem to achieve the happy medium between bone numbingly cold and face melting hot, and that ride can be terribly unpleasant. Some vehicle manufacturers, however, are getting it right. They’re building cars that are outfitted with the best of the best when it comes to climate control systems. The ride to work during the hottest months of the summer should be no sweat in these five models.
- Toyota Prius – Not only does the Prius boast incredible gas mileage and leave virtually no carbon footprint, but it masters climate control as well. Prius has an optional package that includes a solar powered fan that will flood the car with outside air if the interior temperature rises above sixty-eight degrees. In addition, the entire climate control system, heating or cooling, can be controlled via a cell phone app, or run for three minutes at the touch of a button on the key fob.
- Kia Optima – Kia is making waves lately, as they are killing it with fresh car designs, dozens of standard features, and fair and affordable pricing. The hot new Optima also happens to boast one of the best cooling systems on the market with dual zone climate control in the EX model. This means the driver and the passenger can enjoy their own optimum heating and cooling levels without having to face the dreaded battle over the right temperature. For an additional fee, this model can also be outfitted with heated and ventilated leather seating, an enjoyable feature during both extreme weather months.
- Honda Odyssey – We all know the pains of roasting in the back seat without proper ventilation, and the way back of a minivan used to be even worse, but Honda has taken all the worry out of backseat riding. The Odyssey has tri-zone climate control, which means there is three different controllable cooling zones. The driver and front seat passenger can adjust the temperature to their liking, while everyone in the back can also control their own climate. Gone are the days of crowding in front of a singular air vent in hopes that you’ll get a chilly blast, the Odyssey’s got it right.
- Buick Regal – Buick’s luxury sedans aren’t exactly what most drivers would think of when they’re considering decked out technology, but this one has it. Not only does it have dual zone climate control, but it also has a sensor in the windshield to measure temperature and humidity. By using the unique sunlight absorbing glass, the interior of the car is allowed to remain cool, no matter how intensely the sun is beating down. Buick’s cars are designed with the optimum comfort in mind, and with the Regal they’ve certainly achieved warm weather comfort, and exceeded expectations.
- Mercedes Benz C-Class – It’s been said that you get what you pay for, and this couldn’t be more true than with the purchase of a Mercedes. The C-Class sedan offers an amazing upgrade to their ventilation system that allows for a subtle scent to be dispersed throughout the cabin. Even if a perfumed car isn’t your thing, the top of the line cooling system in a Mercedes sedan is equal to that of most home systems, allowing for extremely clean air to be filtered throughout the vehicle. Add in the convenient placement of all the controls, and the Mercedes C Class is everything luxury car buyers are looking for to cool them off.
Don’t allow the commute to work become something you spend time dreading. If you’re in the market for a new vehicle, allow yourself the pleasure of a high class cooling system, and no longer sweat the drive to work.